Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Weird Rituals

Far away from lucidity and proper awake ness each and then I’ve been noticing some peculiar habits that caught my attention, those will be mentioned here and I will try to give a proper explanation from the view point of those who practice them...Withouth further ado here we go..
 Foosball, the table game in each you control tinny little metallic football players and try to score goals. Loads of people hit the ball on the margin of the table before throwing it to the field, what’s with that? The ball is square shaped and not functional to play with?
 Shaking the tinny little packet of sugar that comes with the coffee, last time I checked I think the sugar wasn’t condensed or am I wrong? Maybe those packets weren’t used and fall from planes and then freeze in the meantime.
 Ripping up a paper before throwing it into the bin… well that’s the right thing to do really. Because the garbage paper hunters will definitely be pissed when encountering such situation, yesss of courseee.
 Smelling wine before drinking it , maybe the people who do this were cats in other incarnation and only drink what they think smells good who knows.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pacotes de açucar! Quem terá sido a menina...???
Olha Olha.. a cena dos vinhos o meu tio sabe disso...ele é daqueles que snifa os copos (nao me lembro disso) mas tem fudamento...dizem eles!

Beijo grande para siiii
:)

Jigs said...

I've never tried a foosball before! havent seen one in the philippines! LOL! I read quite a few of your posts but i decided to comment on this! People's rituals are really funny sometimes! I added you to my link, I so enjyed reading your blog! Keep in touch ok?!

Sader said...

Perfectly hilarious I totally think you should write for Leno.

Anonymous said...

You've touched quite a few funny people's rituals;) so probably you will be able to help me understand this one: why do people lick their fingers every time they want to turn a newspaper page or a book's page?! Do they want to taste it before reading it?! Or are they physically unable to turn a page without having their finger wet :)
umm...food for thought!

NB. Love your blog :) it's the best I've ever seen...

Bjinhos
Marina :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! travel insurance gambia Custom fit car covers